Valero Grill Cook Cashier
JOB TITLE: Cottonwood Grill Cook/Camel Rock Valero Cashier
DEPARTMENT: Camel Rock Valero Convenience Store
REPORTS TO: Valero Manager
PREPARED BY: Director, Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: August 23, 2013
The Cottonwood Grill Cook/Camel Rock Valero Cashier will prepare and serve menu items for customers and/or cashier at the main registers while providing excellent customer service.
Note: Native American preference will be given.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Strong organizational, communication, human relations and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced or high stress environment
- Ability to work flexible hours including split shifts, holidays, nights and weekends
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Have or be able to obtain a New Mexico Alcohol Server Certificate
- Have or be able to obtain a Food Handlers Certificate
- Support and embrace Camel Rock Casino values
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to creatively solve problems.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent follow through.
- Maintain complete confidentiality with all business operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare, season, finish and garnish menu items.
- Prepare Cottonwood Grill for daily business.
- Keep work station clean and organized by mopping, sweeping, washing dishes, cleaning the stove/oven, scrubbing the walls, fryers, coolers, etc.
- Rotate and date food deliveries.
- Perform proper receiving, thawing, storage heating, hold and re-thermalization.
- Keep dining area clean, organized and stocked.
- Keep ice stocked
- Maintain all refrigeration and dry storage areas to ensure proper handling and rotation of products.
- Conduct customer purchases effectively and accurately.
- Stock and rotate vendor deliveries
- Maintain a clean and customer friendly store by sweeping, mopping, cleaning the restrooms, throwing trash, filling windshield was stations, scrubbing windows, cleaning shelves, cooler doors, gas pumps, sidewalks, etc.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
This position does not provide any supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have at least one year of experience as a cook or culinary certification.
- Prior convenience store experience preferred.
- Must be computer-literate.
Using the primary language identified as English, the following is required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies and procedures, directions, reports and other working documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and other working documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one, in small group situations and in moderate to large gatherings of associates and /or executives.
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
- Must have the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have or be able to obtain a New Mexico Alcohol Server Certificate
- Must have or be able to obtain a Food Handlers Certificate
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. The employee will use hands and fingers to handle or feel various items, conduct repetitious movements and tasks, reach with hands and arms, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, climb, crouch and crawl. The employee will be required to talk for extended periods and must be able to hear and understand. The employee must be able to lift, push, pull and carry at least fifty (50) pounds. Requires working in an environment with exposure to high noise level, temperature changes, heat, fumes, steam and weather.