JOB TITLE: Surveillance Agent
REPORTS TO: Senior Technician and Shift Supervisor
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: February 26, 2018
Under the supervision of the Senior Technician and Shift Supervisor (agent duties only), responsible for all aspects of the surveillance CCTV (closed circuit television) system and responsible for installation and relocation of all surveillance equipment. In addition, to diagnostics and repair, assist in project development and monitoring of existing equipment, routine maintenance, and any other duties, but not limited to:.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must possess full capabilities of a Surveillance Agent, and fill in for same as required.
- Usage of all surveillance equipment
- Install video cameras as required to observe and protect casino assets
- Repairs or replaces faulty equipment on a timely basis
- Ensures that equipment installations and repairs are in compliance with National Indian Gaming Commission requirements
- Installs audio equipment as required
- Installs monitors and video recorders
- Troubleshooting of surveillance system
- Document and maintain inventory of current equipment, spares, supplies, and units outsource/in-transit for repairs
- Maintain a maintenance schedule for all equipment
- Fill in and altar shifts as required to cover shifts for unexpected absence
- Any other duties assigned or pertaining to the job.
- Principles and practices of Surveillance Agent standards.
- Excellent working knowledge of the complexities of a matrix switching CCTV surveillance system of equivalent.
- Knowledge of the National Indian Gaming Commission and All State and Tribal gaming rules and regulations is also a requirement.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in a related field or equivalent experience in electronic repairs and installations.
- Prefer prior Indian Gaming experience in a surveillance/security capacity or equivalent experience for a minimum of two years.
- Must be able to read and write legibly.
- Basic proficiency in computers.
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Teamwork Oriented
- Performance Driven
Using the primary language identified as English, the following is required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies and procedures, directions, reports and other working documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and other working documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one, in small group situations and in moderate to large gatherings of associates and /or executives.
- Must have the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
The Surveillance Technician must be in good physical condition and will be subject to extended periods of sitting and standing. Electrical hazards exist around monitors, power supplies, VCR’s.
- Eyesight correctable to 20/20
- Reach a minimum of 6 feet in height
- Ability to bend down
- Ability to hold 20-lbs overhead with outstretched arms
- Ability to distinguish color
- Ability to work in heights, on ladders, roofs, and in ceilings
- Ability to work in hostile, uncomfortable, confined, dirty environments for extended periods of time.
Requires working in an environment with exposure to second-hand smoke and high noise levels.