JOB TITLE: Slot Shift Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Slot Department
REPORTS TO: Slot Manager
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: January 13, 2016
Under the direction of the Slot Manager, the Slot Shift Supervisor will supervise the slot floor operations which include overseeing slot attendants to ensure that Rock Solid Guest service standards are achieved and monitor daily slot transactions for accuracy and response time. Assists with training, counseling, scheduling and evaluating slot attendants’ performance and effectively handle team member conflicts, guest complaints and disputes.
Note: Native American preference will be given
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with scheduling, training, counseling and evaluating slot team members
- Oversees the repair modifications and preventative maintenance on gaming machines, which are beyond the mechanical or technical scope of a Slot Host
- Plans and administers work schedules and assignments for Slot Host
- Assists with investigations of all cheating attempts, percentage malfunctions, and sub-standard equipment within the department
- Ensures that employees provide excellent customer service and are treated with respect
- Ensures timely and accurate performance appraisals are provided to direct reports with appropriate development plans
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies in ethical manner
- Supervises machine moves, projects, in addition to maintaining shift operational efficiency that ensures optimal guest service/experience
- Walks the floor, ensuring an excellent patron experience, observing slot performance and handling disputes
- Ensures that payouts are performed in a timely manner
- Develops schedules to ensure efficient floor coverage and excellent customer service
- Reviews daily logs and paperwork and takes action as appropriate
- Documents slot transactions and other activities on a daily basis
- Performs administrative duties such as creating correspondence, memos, email and telephone calls
- Enforces and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Ensures the proper training and evaluation of all new and current employees
- Compiles, generates and reviews shift reports and takes appropriate actions
- Maintains accurate documentation in employee files on a regular basis (recognition, discipline, etc.)
- Ensures all reports are completed properly on a daily basis
- Evaluates and motivates slot team members.
- Responsible for all guest service related tasks in assigned areas.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the task performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be 21 years old or older.
- Minimum of three years slot experience is required
- Must have knowledge of the skills necessary for each slot department position.
- Proven ability to develop employees
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Supports and embraces Casino standards.
- Maintains complete confidentiality with all casino business.
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Leads by Example
- Non-Bias approach to all situations
- Performance Driven
Using the primary language identified as English, the following are required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, policies and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bilingual a plus; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood to all Spanish speaking individuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 lb.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required as well as extended hours and irregular shifts.