JOB TITLE: Restaurant Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Food & Beverage Director
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: February 4, 2016
Under the direction of the Food & Beverage (F&B) Director, the Restaurant Manager, manages all aspects of the Restaurant including its activities and the relationships between the guests, employees, and the community. Coordinates and administers policies and procedures as defined by its internal controls, the Gaming Compact and local and Federal laws. Develops operating policies and procedures and directs the work of all department employees. Implements and monitors the budget, monitors the quality of the Restaurant’s products and services, and ensures maximum member and guest satisfaction. Secures and protects the Departments assets, including facilities and equipment.
Note: Native American preference will be given.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of food and beverage service standards.
- Knowledge of Lounge, Bar, and Food Operations.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers using patience and tact.
- Knowledge of alcohol and food maintenance operations and customer service.
- Skill in interpersonal and customer relations.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate, read, and writes clearly.
- Ability to manage controllable costs.
- Ability to supervise employees and adhere to all State, Local, Federal and Tribal laws and regulations.
- Must be able to pass an alcohol/drug screen and background investigation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the development of the club’s long range and annual (business) plans
- Initiates and monitors personnel actions, training and professional development.
- Monitors monthly and other financial statements for the Restaurant; manages cash flow and establishes controls to safeguard funds; takes effective corrective action as required
- Reviews income and costs relative to goals; takes corrective action as necessary
- Provides excellent customer service to existing and new clientele using the Rock Solid Guest Service Standards.
- Train staff in Lounge tasks, assignments, and customer service using the Rock Solid Guest Service Standards.
- Consistently assures that the Restaurant is operated in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of all the Restaurant’s physical assets and facilities.
- Coordinates with the Marketing Department to provide, promotions and events relating to the Restaurant.
- Reviews and initiates programs to provide members with a variety of popular events
- Ensures the highest standards for food and beverage services.
- Establishes and monitors compliance with purchasing policies and procedures.
- Schedule, supervise and direct the work of all Restaurant employees.
- Participates in outside activities that are judged as appropriate and approved by the Board of Directors to enhance the prestige of the Restaurant.
- Create and maintain a positive work environment.
- Be cognizant of Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- Must be willing and able to perform all duties required of Restaurant Staff, as
this is a hands-on position
- Maintain and monitor weekly inventory of food, soft drinks
(and vending machines), and snack foods.
- Provide Inventory and Ordering reports to Management.
- Maintain and monitor the use of cleaning supplies relevant to the Restaurant.
- Supervise and monitor the cleanliness of all appliances in the Restaurant and
all beverage and food carts.
- Coordinate with the Executive or Sous Chef for weekly food ordering in in preparing events in the Restaurant and Special Events..
- Required to deal with employee issues, hiring, employee evaluations, payroll issues, POS system, health & welfare, sanitation and safety standards for all shift personnel and guests.
- Must oversee the staff to insure that all duties are performed in a timely, expeditious and professional manner.
- Attend weekly management meetings
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Responsible for the supervision of all Restaurant employees and supervisors.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have five years experience in casual to fine dining.
- Must have alcohol and wine experience.
- 1-2 years experience in lounge/bar service.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Knowledge of Food handling procedures
- Have completed the Serve Safe Management Course.
- Must have strong organizational, communication, human relations and decision-making skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have creative problem solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent follow through.
- Knowledge of menu development
- Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations and customer service.
- Skills in interpersonal and customer relations.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Leads by Example
- Non-Bias approach to all situations
- Performance Driven
Using the primary language identified as English, the following is required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies and procedures, directions, reports and other working documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, menus and other working documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one, in small group situations and in moderate to large gatherings of associates and /or executives.
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
- Must have the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have or obtain State of New Mexico Alcohol Server Certificate.
- Must have or obtain Serve Safe Serve Certificate (Management)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand and walk for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will be required to talk for extended periods and must be able to hear and understand. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
The work environment includes but not limited to food prep areas, and food storage areas (freezer, coolers etc); exposed to hot food, oils, and cooking surfaces. The incumbent will occasionally be exposed to loud noise and must be able to tolerate second-hand smoke.