JOB TITLE: Promotions Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Guest Service Manager
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: December 5, 2017
Under the direction of the Guest Service Manager, the Promotions Coordinator will be responsible for the development, planning and execution of all aspects pertaining to tournaments, promotions and special events held for patrons. The Promotions Coordinator is responsible for customer service and communication during all
events, promotions, tournaments, special projects, and daily procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Manages the implementation, execution, and day-to-day activities involving promotions and events.
- Develops promotional policies and procedures and coordinates the successful implementation of these marketing activities.
- Communicates promotional needs and copy to Graphic Design and ensures the timely communication of all promotional and event activity on the casino floor.
- Onsite management of promotions and events.
- Manages the communication process with all marketing staff members ensuring their complete understanding of all promotional materials and activities within the casino.
- Responsible for maintaining and adhering to the department’s budget.
- Tracks promotion and event expenses and completes post event reporting.
- Facilitates the purchase of promotional items, VIP gifts and party favors.
- Communicates with current and new vendors.
- Responsible for tracking of competitors, advertising, and promotions.
- Promotes the highest degree of quality customer service internally and externally.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field and five years’ experience in the industry is preferred. A combination of experience and education with a minimum of a High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) may qualify for this requirement.
- Prior casino gaming and /or entertainment experience preferred.
- Must have strong organizational, communication, employee relations and decision making skills.
- Must have strong public speaking skills.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing advertising and media kits.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects ensuring completion in a timely fashion.
- Must have the ability to create and encourage a team work environment among Marketing staff and other departments.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Self -starter with excellent follow through.
- Must be able to work varied hours and weekends.
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Teamwork Oriented
- Performance Driven
Using the primary language identified as English, the following is required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies and procedures, directions, reports and other working documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and other working documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one, in small group situations and in moderate to large gatherings of associates and /or executives.
COMPUTER /TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Preferred but not required, Oasis Player tracking and Crystal Reports.
- English is required.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate one on one, in small group situations and in moderate to large gatherings of associates and /or executives.
- Must be able to read and interpret financial reports, contracts and legal documents.
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages and decimals.
- Must have the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel various items, reach with hands and arms, stoop,
kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee will be required to sit for extended periods, talk for extended periods and be able to listen and understand. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities require close vision, distance vision and color vision.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to
second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.