Maintenance & Groundskeeper Assistant
JOB TITLE: Maintenance & Groundskeeper Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Tesuque Mobile Home Community
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
PREPARED BY: Human Resource
PREPARED DATE: February 21, 2018
REVISED DATE: February 21, 2018
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt / Temporary Seasonal
Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Maintenance / Groundskeeper Assistant ( full time, temporary seasonal) will perform a wide range of skilled, semiskilled physical tasks: requiring a working knowledge of basic carpentry, painting, fencing, landscaping and grounds cleaning at the Tesuque Mobile Home Community. There may be heavy lifting and prolong periods of standing required in day to day operations.
This position involves a variety of duties. Assist head maintenance groundskeeper with physical structure, and grounds in accordance with management direction. Maintain out buildings and office: sweep & mop floors, dust occasionally, clean bathrooms and kitchen. Exterior duties: digs ditches, trenches, and postholes, fencing and maintain cleanliness of grounds area, painting. Knows the correct use of hand tools. Good people skills to deal with tenants and property issues.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Clean & maintain the office and storage bldg., and pump house.
- Clean roadways, weed removal, and trash pickup
- Assist in install and maintain signage
- Repair existing fencing, install new fencing, landscaping & gravel placement
- Assist in maintenance and repair of grounds equipment: tractor, backhoe, mowers, high pressure sprayer, chain saw, weed eater, blower and dead tree removal.
- Maintains and plant exterior plants, trees and flowers
- Maintain company truck and equipment and mail boxes as needed
- Willing to learn and assist in water systems
- Provides labor services for the professional plumber or electrician and sewer maintenance
crew as needed.
- Social skills to deal with respective tenants, deliver tenant notices by hand to each space as required
- Carpentry, painting, and concrete work for various on site projects
- Become familiar with all occupied mobile home spaces, observant of activity within the park
- Occasional work weekends as needed
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Education/Experience: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying.
- Ability to use and care of standard tools, materials, methods, and practices involved in grounds & building maintenance and repair
- Follow oral and written instructions: performing unskilled and semiskilled tasks in a variety of construction, maintenance and landscaping activities; learning to perform skilled carpentry; performing heavy physical labor;, establishing and maintaining cooperative relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner verbally & written
- Tri-cultural experience preferred
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must have a current New Mexico Drivers License in good standing
- Native American preference
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen
$ 10.00 to $ 15.00 per hour (depending on experience)
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Performs routine maintenance and grounds keeping of mobile home community
- Assist in equipment maintenance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl or climb a ladder. There may be heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds and prolonged periods of standing required in day to day operations throughout summer and winter.
Work is generally performed outside through warm weather seasons, except for interior office and storage cleaning and maintenance Evening and/or weekend, holiday will be required occasionally.