JOB TITLE: Financial Analyst
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: October 23, 2015
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Financial Analyst assists with the completion of monthly and quarterly financial & operating reports, participates in ad-hoc projects and analyses, and updates and maintains the relevant databases contained within the Finance department.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the general tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor degree from a four-year college or university in an analytical and/or business oriented major (Accounting, Business, Auditing, or Finance) is required.
- The candidate must possess at least one (1) to two (2) years of work experience in a high paced environment that involved quantitative analysis.
- Previous experience in a casino related industry is ideal.
- Must be proficient in a PC environment, including the use of MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.
- Working knowledge of relational database programs required.
- Familiarity with statistical software packages, preferred.
- Must have excellent communications skills and the ability to present statistical data in terms that are relevant and actionable.
- Must have the ability to synthesize information into meaningful conclusions and recommendations. Must display good interpersonal skills and have a positive cooperative attitude with both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work with other areas of Finance and Operations.
- Must have the ability to balance multiple concurrent projects with varying degrees of priority, as well as working independently on projects from conception to completion.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work various and irregular shifts including nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, and obtain and maintain a gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
No supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in reporting, consolidation and financial analysis. Experience in retail/food & beverage industry a plus
- Accounting/GAAP knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access)
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately critical
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Leads by Example
- Non-Bias approach to all situations
- Performance Driven
Using the primary language identified as English, the following are required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, policies and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bilingual a plus; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee will be required to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. The Employee is required to kneel, bend, squat, stoop, crouch, climb and crawl. The Employee will use fingers and hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, perform repetitive motions with fingers while using a keyboard, mouse and other equipment and must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to twenty-five (25) lbs. The Employee must be able to talk and hear in an environment with varying noise levels, see close, distant and colors, and smell and taste. Requires working in an environment with exposure to smoke, high noise level and temperature changes.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekends, holidays, extended hours, and irregular shifts will be required.