Custodian Assistant Supervisor
POSITION TITLE: Custodian Assistant Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Custodial Supervisor
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
Under the direction of the Custodian Supervisor, the Assistant Supervisor will perform a wide range of skilled and semi-skilled physical custodian tasks. This position is normally a broad range service provider able to provide all types of cleaning and sanitizing services to all areas within the casino.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- In charge of enforcing daily work schedules of their respective crews under the direction of the Custodial Supervisor.
- Oversees the implementation and enforcement of department and company policies and procedures under the direction of the Custodial Supervisor.
- Provides the Custodial Supervisor with daily attendance records of their respective shifts.
- Working Supervisor-Making sure all duties implemented by the Custodial Supervisor are carried out.
- Performs routing custodial maintenance providing service to the casino community.
- Consistently deliver outstanding customer service to our internal/external guests using the Rock Solid Guest Service Standards.
- Be on call 24/7 answering all phone calls during off-duty hours.
- Follows written and oral instructions.
- Responsive to Customer questions and concerns.
- Evaluate the performance of custodial staff.
- Adhere to all Camel Rock Casino health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Blood-borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- And any other duties assigned or pertaining to the job.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Must be 21 years or older
- At least one year experience working in a custodial environment.
- At least one year experience using industrial chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen
- Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Leads by Example
- Bias free approach to all situations
- Performance Driven
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Requires a working knowledge of chemical usage and cleaning procedures.
- Ability to use chemicals to the standards of the custodial department’s methods and practices involved in custodial building maintenance.
- Skill in interpersonal and customer relations.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate, read, and writes clearly.
- Ability to communicate with other departments concerning custodial needs.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to answer guests’ questions concerning promotions, events, directions, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand and walk for extended periods; use of hands and finger to feel and reach; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend, holiday will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts will be required.