Bar Back Venue Monitor
JOB TITLE: Bar Back/Venue Monitor
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: On the Rocks Manager
PREPARED BY: Human Resources
PREPARED DATE: July 26, 2017
Under the direction of the On the Rocks Lounge Manager, the Bar Back is responsible for providing excellent guest service using the Rock Solid Guest Service Standards to every guest that enters the bar and lounge area while stocking and cleaning the bar and surrounding areas. The Bar Back is also responsible for conducting ID checks on a regular basis and issue wristbands for justification during special events while monitoring guest behavior to ensure guest and employee safety.
Note: Native American preference will be given.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of food and beverage service standards.
- Knowledge of Bar Operations.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal with internal and external guests using patience and tact.
- Must have a State of New Mexico Alcohol Server’s Certificate.
- Must obtain a Pueblo of Tesuque Alcohol Server’s Certificate.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate, read, and writes clearly in Basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times using the Rock Solid Guest Service standards.
- Must be able to pass an alcohol/drug screen and background investigation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent customer service using the Rock Solid Guest Service
- Responsible for ensuring a consistent flow of services to guest and cocktail servers by assisting the bartender with their job functions.
- Greet guests in accordance with the Rock Solid Service Standards.
- Take care of all guest’s food and beverage needs.
- Have complete knowledge of the casino.
- Ensures that ashtrays, bar and floors are clean and used glassware is removed from bar tops.
- Clears and wipes down tables in any lounge area in the absence of a cocktail
- Maintains a clean work environment in accordance with Health Department
- Receives and delivers all products to appropriate outlet and stocks in accordance to specification.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Circulates among patrons to prevent intoxication and or improper behavior, infractions and ensures safety of patrons, bar staff & management.
- He/she shall perform all duties in a timely, expeditious and professional
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
No supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Knowledge of operating a cash register and bar equipment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear concise manner.
- Bi-cultural experience preferred.
- Ability to operate the following equipment: Cutting boards, soda guns, ice machines, shot glasses, mixers, pourers, knives, coffee machines, frozen drink machines, ice tea machines, and other necessary equipment.
- High Integrity
- Positive Attitude
- Leads by Example
- Non-Bias approach to all situations
- Performance Driven
Using the primary language identified as English, the following is required:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies and procedures, directions, reports and other working documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, menus and other working documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one, in small group situations and in moderate to large gatherings of associates and /or executives.
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and be understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
- Must have the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages and decimals.
- Must be able to monitor place of entertainment to preserve order among patrons and protect property.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have or obtain State of New Mexico Alcohol Server Certificate.
- Must have or obtain Safe Serve Certificate (Food Handler)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand and walk for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will be required to talk for extended periods and must be able to hear and understand. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
The work environment includes but not limited to food prep areas, and food storage areas (freezer, coolers etc); exposed to hot food, oils, and cooking surfaces. The incumbent will occasionally be exposed to loud noise and must be able to tolerate second-hand smoke.